They were super easy to do. The hardest part was figuring out how far to space out my tabs. All I had to do is measure my window and then decide how much fabric I needed to cover it. The navy blue fabric is really thick so I didn't need a lining for it. With the blinds and the curtains closed it can get very dark in the room.
I spent a dollar on the car fabric and I think $1.50 on the dark blue fabric (and I still have some to spare for both fabrics.) I am just using an extra shower curtain rod for now until we have the money to change it.
I'm ready now to branch out and do a fancy design for my bedroom curtains. Wish me luck and pray that I will come across some more cheap fabric!