August 26, 2009

Garbage Bag Dispenser

Since I've been married, we've stored all of our grocery bags under the sink. I've hated every minute of it but didn't do anything about it. The bags under the sink would always have that threat of having something really nasty on them or be all wet from water dripping. I FINALLY put a stop to that! Make It and Love It came up with a really good tutorial to make a multi-fabric grocery bag dispenser. I thought hers was adorable (like everything she does) and her tutorial is really easy to follow so I made mine one night.

I'm doing my kitchen in red, black and white and I had this fabric in my scrap stash. I'm not thrilled with my fabric selections though. I think that some of the red fabric looks more pink then red (especially in the picture.) Luckily no one is ever really going to see it...well except everyone on blog land!

I'm currently working on a project with these. Can you guess what it will be? I got all four books for $.25 cents at a yard sale! This picture doesn't show very well how much fabric is there. After I took the books apart I had a stack that was 5 inches high......FOR .25 cents!!!

2 comments:

jmelgan said...

I have always wanted one of those bag holders. We have an old microwave stand that I don't dare throw away because it holds my grocery bags. Lol. I might have to try making one of those.

Just last week Duane and I saw an a yard sale posting advertising fabric samples. We wondered what could you do with a bunch of random samples?

Crafty P said...

I knew I'd eventually find someone who made those garbage bag holders! I didn't want a 'novelty print'(so many of them at craft shows are made of that) but I do have some great leftover fabric to make mine!

found you by way of alpha mom and her thanksgiving printables!