October 31, 2009

Why did the chicken cross the road?

...to go trick-or-treating of course!

I found this costume on Martha Stewart and fell in love with it!  The instructions are so simple but I made mine a little more complicated.  I decided to make some orange pants and also some chicken feet instead of using rubber gloves.  I also made my own hat instead of buying one.  I had to make the thing around his neck because the feathers were in his face and he was NOT happy about it!

It is a great costume if you live somewhere that is cold because of all the layers.  Another modification I had to make was cutting a big slit half way down the back because we couldn't get him in the costume once it was stuffed.  I just put some Velcro on the back so once he was inside we could close it up.  Check out Make It and Love It's virtual costume parade to see my little chicken and get some more great ideas for next years costume.

This is what my floor and pants have looked like for the past month!  We have feathers all over our car and house from this costume.  I don't think even real chickens shed that much!

2 comments:

Jennifer V said...

Awwww... it turned out SO adorable! Great job! Those feathers make it.

Dreams of Perfection said...

How CUTE! I absolutely love this costume. I saw it in a magazine, but it looks even better on here. Great job.