March 31, 2010

Ribbon Loop Soft Block

My niece was just born the other day and I wanted to make a super fast and fun gift to take over in exchange for me getting to hold her.  This is such a fun and easy project.  To make this project easier I first sewed the ribbon to the flannel squares as close to the edge as possible before constructing the block.   This way I knew that all the ribbon was securely attached.

I think next time I'm going to do some appliqué on the sides of the block and add some ribbon there instead of so much at the seams.

3 comments:

mylittlegems said...

very cute- I just made some soft blocks and thought about adding ribbons to them like you did- but I was too tired ;) I did make a tag blanket- called it a sensory baby blanket- w/ different texture squares and ribbons. My baby loves both of these things! What is it about tags that babies love so much? :)

jmelgan said...

Very Cool! Katherine is obsessed with tags. I was telling a friend about it on Saturday and she told me about these little blankets. I so need to make one for Katherine!

Judy Whatilivefor said...

Thanks for posting this! I made a taggie cube for a friend's baby shower and had so much fun with it, I think it's going to be a normal part of gifts I give at baby showers!