May 12, 2010
May 5, 2010
- Type your words in a Word document first and then copy and paste into Wordle. (It doesn't save your list.)
- The more times a word is in the list the larger it will be. So I wanted the words, "We Love You" to stand out more so I had those multiple times on my list.
- If you want a phrase like, "We Love You" you need to put curvy dashes in between. (I don't know what they're called. Ex. we~love~you.
- It prints out very large so on your printer settings you can change the size. Instead of it set on the default of 8.5 x11 I moved it to 5x7 and set the paper to face profile. It then fit my 5x7 frame perfectly.
- For me it printed darker then it showed on the computer screen so make your color choices a little lighter to get the perfect colors.
- Finally, prepare to spend a lot of time with it because it took me FOREVER to decide on the perfect font, colors, and layout. At least it took ME forever maybe you will be better at making decisions!
May 3, 2010
Cute, but not as cute as I thought it should be....
So, I went to Roberts and perused the wedding isle to find bright pink and purple tulle and matching ribbon and flowers. Much brighter and much more fun, right? It came out like this...
The second time around, I snipped the ends in a `v` or `w` shape to make it look more pixie-ish, added ribbon (between every 2 knots), and sewed some flowers on by hand. This is typically a "no-sew" project, but you can sew on extra frilly stuff if you want to!
Found this great tutorial on how to make a cute tutu here. ITS VERY SIMPLE and once you figure out how it works, I would encourage you to break the mold, experiment, do something different and new, and have fun with it!