July 28, 2010

Hooded Towel

The other day I reorganized my craft spot and came across several projects that I had all of the supplies for but I hadn't started yet.  This motivated me to kick it into gear and de-craft my craft room.  One of the first projects I tackled was the hooded towel for my son.   I know, I'm probably the last person in blogland to actually make my own hooded towel but here it is anyways!
My son doesn't have a career in modeling in his future.  I think I took over 20 different photos and this was the best I could do!

This is the entire towel from the backside.  I made a cut little dimple in the back.  Ignore the toe! 
Close up of the dimple in the back.

This was taken from the inside of the towel.  


 I used a tutorial that had a lining so I could hide the seams.  I just used the other half of the hand towel for the lining.

The cutest part.....look at those ears!

I used several different tutorials to help come up with my own version.
Little Birdie Secrets (Basic Hooded Towel)
Infarrantly Creative (Dimple in the back of the towel)
Break It Down Sewing & Design (Lining/Seamless)
Oopsey Daisy (Ears)

No comments: