February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day Decor

I think Valentine's Day is one of my least favorite holidays to decorate for.  Not because I hate love or lack a significant other but because Valentine's Day comes up so fast.  I feel like I get all my Christmas decorations taken down, put up some winter/snow decorations and then next thing I know it is February.  I end up with only two week to get something up and it usually takes me two weeks to even get around to it.  

But not this year...
 We've had a Scrabble game sitting in our stack of games for years now and you want to know how many times we've played it...big fat ZERO!  So I figured, no one would mind if a few letters were missing!  I've seen these Scrabble Crossword pictures around. I took a couple different combinations I've seen and put them together.
  
This was just a normal 8x10 frame with a mat that is actually green turned backwards.  I hot glued the letters onto a piece of scrapbook paper and then put it inside the frame.  The original glass for the frame is in the back.  
With this frame I decided to add a little bit of wide ribbon.  I think it really helped the outcome. I think next time I'm not going to use shiny white paper as the back.  Maybe a plain pink?

Be sure to go to my Linky Parties Button at the top and see the different sites I've linked up too throughout the week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love your scrabble word art! It turned out so cute!

Thanks for sharing in FFA!

Hannah

Megan said...

the Scrabble lover in me is shocked that you stole tiles from your game, but the results are just great.

Megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

I love how it turned out! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I found you through Made By You Mondays and am now a follower.

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

I love the scrabble tiles! That is so cute! What a great idea.

Courtney and Heather said...

Love the scrabble picture. Such a good idea!

{Heather}
love2sisters.blogspot.com